“Sustainable Fashion Summit Seoul” Offers New Vision for Fashion
- Seoul Design Foundation holds “Sustainable Fashion Summit Seoul” at DDP, new mecca for sustainable and ethical fashion
- A total of 24 domestic and international experts including Commissioner of New York City Department of Small Business Services Join the Conference
- The Internatinal Conference Set to Take Place from October 16 to 17
□ The Sustainable and Ethical Fashion Hub of Seoul Design Foundation(CEO Choi Kyung Ran) will hold “Sustainable Fashion Summit Seoul” from October 16(Wed) to 17(Thu) at Dongdaemun Design Plaza(DDP).
□ Under the title of “Fashion Innovation”, the conference aims to come up with ideal solutions to accelerate sustainable and ethical fashion environments. A total of 24 domestic and international experts from five countries(South Korea, US, UK, Germany and India) will have discussions on the issues of “Fashion and Community”, “Ideal Harmony between Humans and Technologies”, “New-wave of Sustainable Fashion” and “Future Growth of Fashion Industry”.
○ The first-day session(Oct 16, Wed) will begin with a keynote speech by Gregg Bishop, Commissioner of New York City Department of Small Business Services, which will be followed by the “Fashion and Community” session in which the participants will study many community development cases in Seoul, New York and India, and share their thoughts on sustainable practices in fashion. In the afternoon, under the title of “Ideal Harmony between Humans and Technologies”, the participants will have in-depth discussions on how to achieve the balance between humans and technologies to make this world a better place and realize truly sustainable developments in fashion business.
○ In the “New-wave of Sustainable Fashion,” scheduled to be held on October 17(Thu), they will share concerns about sustainability focused start-up businesses and try to come up with ideal solutions for their sustainable growth.
○ Especially in the afternoon, there will be a joint debate with the Korea Research Institute for Fashion and Distribution Information(FaDI) on the theme of “Future Growth of Fashion Industry”. Ways to innovate digital communication tools and contents by means of small quantity production, customization and virtual fashion design platforms and eventually get closer to sustainable fashion business environment will be discussed during the session.
□ Meanwhile, on October 14, two days before the international conference, a special exhibition will begin its four-day run until October 17. Led by Im Seon Oc, designer and creative director of PARTs-PARTs, the exhibition will take a closer look at the subtly changing face of Seoul with the three key-words of ‘DESIGN LIFE, DESIGN FUTURE, DESIGN SUSTAINABILITY'.
○ An interesting workshop program will also be run to reduce excessive consumption and share thoughts on socially and ethically sustainable zero-waste design philosophy.
□ Choi Kyung Ran, CEO of Seoul Design Foundation said, “I’m so happy to have a chance to share our thoughts on fashion business and come up with ideal ways to improve technologies for the benefit of both men and nature. I want to ask for your continued interest and support for the annual ”Sustainable Fashion Summit Seoul“ conference program.”
□ For more details about “Sustainable Fashion Summit Seoul 2019”, please visit the blog site at blog.naver.com/ethicalfashion2017. Whoever interested can join the conference via pre- or on-the-spot registration.